WebSite Making Post And Ill Make 4 Free!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebSite Making Post And Ill Make 4 Free!

Ill Make Anythign 4 U to B happy :D

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

'Skins choosing Beck

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jane5yan

'Skins choosing Beck  Empty
PostSubject: 'Skins choosing Beck    'Skins choosing Beck  I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:49 pm

I had someone pose something interesting to me this week whilst viewing "The Leading one hundred: Players of 2011" on NFL Network as voted by the gamers. Donovan McNabb's peers voted in as No. one hundred -- 1 of twelve quarterback to create the checklist. John Beck, Washington's third-string quarterback behing McNabb and Rex Grossman last season, might not even be considered a top-1,000 player -- however the Redskins view him as a potential starter. So, I used to be asked, is that a insane concept?

And, I suppose, on some level it just may be. But football decisions aren't created in a vacuum and it seems to me that now, finally, in Year Two, Mike Shanahan has grasped precisely how large a chore he has. Following investing multiple draft picks for McNabb andJammal Brown a year ago, now he appears to be centered on the long haul.
This group has main roster voids, and discovering out about Beck -- who Shanahan also traded for and likes -- makes sense. Paying McNabb a $10 million roster bonus simply to stick as you possibly can insurance coverage tends to make significantly less feeling to me.
McNabb's extremely public defrocking last yr as Washington's beginning quarterback, so quickly following arriving there inside a blockbuster trade, has created this scenario untenable. Dropping him to basically inactive status down the stretch doesn't make it very simple to just turn back towards the esteemed veteran a couple of months later and try to pretend he is the leader of your group once more.
Doesn't function that way.
McNabb wants out and the Redskins have produced a situation exactly where he needs to go. McNabb's issues with offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan and also the reality the staff has made it obvious he does not seem to be a fit in their scheme make it silly to try to force issues once more and potentially undermine an additional season.
? Unofficial list of 2011 totally free agents
Going with a inexpensive, developmental quarterback isn't insane to me, particularly when the offensive line is in tatters. Having to pay a quarterback $15 million a season to obtain crushed week in and week out does sound insane.
Whether or not McNabb really continues to be a top-12 QB at this stage of his career remains to become observed, but Beck could shock many people. All of this also screams out for your Redskins to consider a flier on Vince Young -- an athletic passer who could make plays outside the pocket, as Shanahan has enjoyed utilizing his entire profession.
Young, as well, could arrive cheap and Shanahan has usually believed he could discover that diamond within the tough in the quarterback spot. Winning with Beck or becoming the guy who rescued Young's career and turned him about could be right up Shanahan's alley as well.
I could see a Beck/Young combo offer prior to I could see McNabb back beneath center ... But within this league, who knows? Crazier things have happened.

Back to top Go down

'Skins choosing Beck
Page 1 of 1