WebSite Making Post And Ill Make 4 Free!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebSite Making Post And Ill Make 4 Free!

Ill Make Anythign 4 U to B happy :D

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Move tends to make some sense

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jane5yan

Move tends to make some sense Empty
PostSubject: Move tends to make some sense   Move tends to make some sense I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 12:05 am

I had someone pose something fascinating to me this week while viewing "The Top one hundred: Gamers of 2011" on NFL Network as voted by the players. Donovan McNabb's peers voted in as No. one hundred -- 1 of 12 quarterback to make the list. John Beck, Washington's third-string quarterback behing McNabb and Rex Grossman final season, might not even be considered a top-1,000 player -- however the Redskins view him as being a potential starter. So, I used to be asked, is that a crazy idea?

And, I suppose, on some level it just may be. But football choices are not made in a vacuum and it seems to me that now, finally, in Year Two, Mike Shanahan has grasped exactly how large a chore he has. After investing numerous draft picks for McNabb andJammal Brown a yr back, now he seems to be focused around the lengthy haul.
This group has major roster voids, and discovering out about Beck -- who Shanahan also traded for and likes -- tends to make feeling. Having to pay McNabb a $10 million roster bonus just to stick as possible insurance tends to make significantly much less sense to me.
McNabb's extremely public defrocking final year as Washington's beginning quarterback, so soon following arriving there inside a blockbuster trade, has created this situation untenable. Dropping him to basically inactive status down the stretch doesn't make it very simple to just flip back towards the esteemed veteran a few months later and attempt to pretend he's the leader of one's team once more.
Doesn't work that way.
McNabb desires out and the Redskins have produced a scenario exactly where he needs to go. McNabb's issues with offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan and the fact the staff has made it clear he does not seem to be a match within their scheme make it silly to try to force issues once more and possibly undermine another season.
? Unofficial checklist of 2011 free agents
Going having a cheap, developmental quarterback is not insane to me, particularly when the offensive line is in tatters. Paying a quarterback $15 million a period to obtain crushed week in and week out does sound crazy.
Whether McNabb truly is still a top-12 QB at this stage of his profession remains to be observed, but Beck could shock many people. All of this also screams out for the Redskins to take a flier on Vince Youthful -- an athletic passer who can make plays outdoors the pocket, as Shanahan has loved utilizing his entire profession.
Young, as well, could arrive inexpensive and Shanahan has usually thought he could find that diamond in the tough at the quarterback spot. Winning with Beck or being the man who rescued Young's career and turned him around could be right up Shanahan's alley as well.
I could see a Beck/Young combo offer before I could see McNabb back again beneath center ... But within this league, who knows? Crazier things have happened.

Back to top Go down

Move tends to make some sense
Page 1 of 1